Janmashtami is said to be the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna. According to Hindu Mythology Lord Shri Krishna was born during the midnight of Rohini Nakshatra in Ashtami of Krishna Praksh of Bhadrapad month.
The follower of Hindu Religion celebrate the birth anniversary of Lord Krishna as Janmashtami. To receive the blessing of Lord Shri Krishna on Janmashtami devotees will keep fast and worship the Lord Krishna. Devotee people, who perform Janmashtami’s fast, eat only one time before Janmashtami night.
Janmashtami in 2017
Nishith Pooja Muhurat – 00:03 to 00:47
Ashtami Date Start – 19:45 (August 14)
Ashtami Date Ends – 17:39 (15th of August)
Bhagwan Shri Krishna Pujan Samagri
- भगवान के लिए चौकी (Chawki)
- लाल वस्त्र चौकी पर बिछाने के लिये) (Red Cloth for Chawki)
- लड्डू गोपाल की मूर्ति या चित्र (Idol or photo of Baby Krishna)
- चांदी का सिंहासन (Asana)
- पंचामृत (Panchamrit)
- गंगाजल (Gangajal, Sacred Water of Holy River Ganga)
- दीपक, घी, बत्ती (Lamp, Ghee, Wick)
- धूपबत्ती (Dhoopstick)
- अष्टगंध चन्दन या रोली (Ashgandha Chandan or Roli)
- अक्षत (कच्चा साबुत चावल) (Raw Rice)
- तुलसी (Holy Basil Leaves)
- माखन मिश्री व मिठाई (Makhan Mishri and other sweets)
- ५ प्रकार के फल (5 Type of Fruits)
- कृष्ण जी के लिये वस्त्र और आभूषण (Clothes and Ornaments for Lord Krishna)
- इत्र (Scent)
- फूल माला (Flower Garland and Flowers)
Bhagwan Shri Krishna Pujan Vidhi
- First lit the lamp and dhoopbatti(or incense sticks).
- Put the red cloth on the chowki, establish the statue of Lord Shri Krishna
- Then pray to Lord Krishna that, “O God be merciful! Please come and accept the worship
- Then give a bath to the idol of Lord Krishna with Panchamrta and Gangajal.
- Now offer new dress and ornaments to Lord Krishna Idol.
- Now show lamps and incense to Lord Krishna Idol
- Apply tilak and akshat on Lord Krishna Idol
- Offer perfume and flowers
- Then offer Makhan, Mishri, Sweets and fruit as Naivaidya , specially put a Tulsi Leaf inofferings. Also keep water for drinking.
- Now chant the Krishna Mantra
- Finally sing the Lord Shri Krishna Aarti.
This Krishna Pujan can also be done on the day of Janmashtami and every day.