Karwa chouth specially celebrated by married woman who prays to moon & goddess parvati maa for good health & long life of their husband on Krishna Paksha Chaturthi. Woman takes very tough fast even not taking a single drop of water & breaks this fast after seeing the moon.
करकरवा चौथ | 20वा चौथ उपवास कार्तिक के हिंदू महीने में कृष्ण पक्ष चतुर्थी के दौरान किया जाता है
Karwa Chouth Date 2017: 08/10/2017 (08 October 2017)
Karwa Chauth Puja Muhurat = 17:55 to 19:09
Duration = 1 Hour 15 Mins
Moonrise On Karwa Chauth Day = 20:14
Chaturthi Tithi Begins = 16:58 PM on 08/Oct/2017
Chaturthi Tithi Ends = 14:16 PM on 09/Oct/2017
करवा चौथ पूजा मुहूर्त = १७:५५ से १९:०९
अवधि = १ घण्टा १४ मिनट्स
करवा चौथ के दिन चन्द्रोदय = २०:१४
चतुर्थी तिथि प्रारम्भ = ८/अक्टूबर/२०१७ को १६:५८ बजे
चतुर्थी तिथि समाप्त = ९/अक्टूबर/२०१७ को १४:१६ बजे
How to perform Karwa Chouth Puja
Woman celebrates this festival very gracefully, this fast starts from sunrise & ends after worshiping the parvati maa & Moon, woman praise god to give a long life to their husband just like moon. Karwa chouth festival celebrates on fourth day of kartik month.
Karwa Chauth Sringar Items
• Heena for applying on hands
• Bangles or chuda
• Make up items like lipstick, kumkum, bindi, kajal, eye liner, mascara, & more.
• Traditional jewelry like mangalsutra, mang teeka, nath, eye rings, necklace, ring, anklets & more.
Karwa Chauth Puja Items
• Karwa Chauth story book
• Matthi for bhog
• Sindur or kumkum
• A strand of red thread (called kalawa)
• Karwa (a clay vessel containing water)
• A plate for keeping puja samagri
• Money for chadawa
• Vermilion (Kumkum),
• Rice, Moli (Red Thread),
• Jaggery (Gur),
• Small Glass of Water for Karva,
• 2 Red Cloth,
• Deepak (Diya),
• Match Box,
• Ganeshji & Gour Mata’s idol ,
chauth mata Photo
• Wooden Platform.
• 5 whole betel nuts (supari)
• Basil leafs (Tulsi patra)
• Betel leaf
• Coconut (naariyal)
• Curd (Dahi)
• Custard Apple (Seetafal)
• Dhoop & Dhoopdaan
• Dhoop batti
• Ganga jal (holy water)
• Garland (Pushpmala)
• Panicum (Durva)
• Sacrament (Naivaidya/Prasaad)
Karwachouth Puja Vidhi
• Women dress up in zari (silk) They apply mehndi on their hands and then do puja.
• put the kalash with water and karva on the pata.
• sketch a sathiya and put 13 tikkis with roli on the kalash and karva.
• Do Ganesh puja first
• Offer “Akshat”/Rice/ Chawal /Uncooked Chawal/Uncooked Rice to Maa Parvati, Ganesh Ji & Karwa Poster
• Spray ganga Jal in a Puja Thali thrice.
• immerse Ganga Jal,Milk, Curd, Desi Ghee, Honey, Sugar on Maa Parvati, ganesh Ji & Karwa Poster
• Wipe the idol of Maa Parvati with a Red cloth.
• Place Janeu to Ganesh ji
• Put Sindoor on forehead of Maa Parvati.
• Offer flowers to Maa Parvati, Ganesh Ji & Karwa Poster
• Offer Suhag Kit to Maa Parvati.
• Offer Bhog to Maa Parvati.
• Taking some grains in hand, listen to the katha of Karva Chauth.
• After the katha, keep sideways the wheat grains & tie them to your saree pallu for offering to the moon at night.
• Listen to the katha of Ganesha Ji.
• Make Prayer To Maa Parvati
• Giving Arag to the moon in the Night
• After puja Kalash water slowly pour the water to the moon. Take some grains in the left hand (which were kept saree pallu while listening to the katha). Offer prashad to the moon. After that, standing at the same place go four times. Offer some water to the moon & keep water from the flour to your eyes.
• Then see the moon first after see husband by chalni.
• After that touch the feet of husband.
• After that break the fast with feed water by husband.
• Take some roli, chawal on karwa & yourself & give Baayna to your mother in law or sister in law. Also you can send it to mandir.
Preparation for Karwa Chouth
• In Baayna in a Karva (clay pot with the spout), fill wheat grains and put a little sugar on the lid along with money.
• Roli, chawal, aarti Ki Thali
• Offer halwa to moon
• Pata and aasan
• Water in a kalash
Karwa Chouth Recipe
Karwa Chouth Traditions
Married woman wear Beautiful zari saari / silk saree or Bridal saree (suhag Joda) given by mother in law. Married woman celebrates this with great exuberance. It is an important day for married women, they prays to god for well-being & happiness their husbands. The fast is observed the fourth day of Krishna Paksha in month of Kartik.
Karwa Chouth Mantra
“मम सुखसौभाग्य पुत्रपौत्रादि सुस्थिर श्री प्राप्तये करक चतुर्थी व्रतमहं करिष्ये।”
Click Here for KarwaChouth Vrat Katha