How to make Pumpkin Soup………
Soups are the important part of our meal. They are served as starter to enhance your hunger. Pumpkin soup is a very famous soup which is cooked with the puree of pumpkin. It is a silky textured soup and a main dish for thanksgiving in USA. This is incredibly easy and quick recipe. Soups can be made in both forms Veg soup and Nonveg soup. Here I am showing you the steps of making pumpkin soup.
Ingredients for making pumpkin soup recipe:-
• Water 3/4 cup divided
• Onion (प्याज) 1 finely chopped
• Vegetable broth(सब्जी शोरबा) 2 cups unsalted
• Ground cinnamon (दालचीनी)1/2 teaspoon
• Ground nutmeg(जायफल) 1/4 teaspoon
• Fat-free milk 1 cup
• Black pepper (काली मिर्च) 1/8 teaspoon
• Green onion (हरी प्याज) 1 chopped
• Olive oil (जैतून का तेल) 2 tablespoons
• leek white part (सफेद गंधना) 1 finely sliced
• Garlic(लहसुन) 1 clove, crushed
• Coriander(हरा धनिया) 1/2 teaspoon
• Ground cumin(जीरा पाउडर) 1 teaspoon
• peeled pumpkin(कद्दू) 1kg diced
• potato peeled(आलू ) 1 large diced
Method of making Pumpkin soup:-
Take a frying pan add ¼ cup of water, add onion and leek and cook for 3 minutes, until softened but not colored. Do not let onions to dry, add garlic, spices and sauté for 30 seconds.
Then add pumpkin, peeled potatoes and turn heat to low, cover with lid and simmer for 30 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, and then take portion of it and blend in batches.
Again put the blended soup into a pan, add cream and mix well .Reheat soup gently don’t boil it Then add a little more nutmeg if desired and turn off the flame.
Serve with style….!
Your delicious pumpkin soup is ready to serve. You can serve it hot or cold. Garnish it with fresh cream and coriander leaves.
I hope this easy soup recipe will help you to understand how to make Pumpkin soup. You can experiment by adding different vegetables of your choice.